Political Propaganda in the Coinage of the Late Roman Republic (44-43 B.C.)
Description: softcover, 108 pp. (23,5x17 cm); figs; 750 vols. issued
Condition: very good- (small shelf damages of the cover)
Leslaw Morawiecki, Political Propaganda in the Coinage of the Late Roman Republic (44-43 B.C.), Ossolineum 1983
Part I. The use of political propaganda in the struggle for power in the year 44 B.C.
1. Political propaganda and numismatic sources
2. Issues struck during Caesar's lifetime
3. Posthumous issues of Caesar
a. CAESAR IMPER
b. PARENS PATRIAE
Part II. The roles of the army and of propaganda in the formation of political positions in the year 43 B.C.
1. The Illyric issue of C. Antonius
2. Spanish and Sicilian issues of the Pompeian faction.
3. Mark Antony's Gallic issues
4. M. Antony's and M. Lepidus' issues of denarii.
5. Quinarii issues of M. Antony and M. Lepidus, and provincial coins
6. Issues of quattuorviri acre, argento, auro, flando feriundo (Senatorial issues)
7. Octavian's issues
Key to figures